In each of our episodes we like to bring you a chance to win one or two items related to amateur radio. In the past our lucky winners drawn from the TX Factor shack hat have come from all parts of the world. If you would like to take part in the current free-to-enter draw, please see all the rules and terms and conditions below. Best of luck!
The Legal Stuff
1. Employees of TX Films, Martin Lynch and Sons, The Radio Society of Great Britain, their families, agencies, or anyone else directly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
2. By entering any competition or draw all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
3. All prizes are subject to availability. There will be no cash alternative.
4. Source material (if any) utilised by our question compilers will be taken as correct. The decision of the TX Factor judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. The winner(s)' prize will include shipping of prize items within the UK. We will ship worldwide unless the prize is such that it cannot be used outside the UK or would be too costly to ship in which the competition details as posted on our website and as explained during our programme will state if the competition is only open to UK residents. If we do ship a prize abroad the winner will be responsible for any import tax or other duties due on the prize when it arrives in their country.
6. Entry into the draw or competition is deemed as agreement to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition.
7. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of emailing will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
9. Entries will become the property of TX Films Ltd and will not be returned.
10. Entry into the competition is free and Lottery and Gaming regulations do not apply.
11. No liability will be accepted on the part of TX Films its co-promoters or agents for any loss, illness or injury resulting directly or otherwise from participation in any competition or promotion.
12. No liability on the part of TX Films Ltd, its co-promoters or agents will be accepted for any action, civil or otherwise, taken against individual participants in the promotion.
13. Entrants into the promotion have no claim whatsoever to any intellectual or other property connected to any promotion, which remains in the sole ownership of TX Films Ltd.
14. No promotional activity with any 3rd party, can be undertaken by any participant, before or after the promotion, without the express written consent of TX Films Ltd.
15. Collusion with other participants is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
16. Entrants may be required to take part in future promotional activity exclusively for TX Films Ltd before/during and/or after the promotion in connection with the promotion.
17. TX Films Ltd reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notification. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions also applies to any subsequent revision, whether notified or not.
18. TX Films Ltd is a Company registered in England and therefore any promotions or activities undertaken by the company are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
19. By entering, you agree to let TX Films retain your contact details for the duration of the draw. All information will be destroyed after the draw date. Your data will not be used other than for the purposes of the draw and for contacting you to inform you of a win and for shipping the prize(s).
Two RSGB books, Callseeker Plus 2020, and the 2020 Yearbook. And from ML&S, the Yaesu FT-25E, 5W, 2 metre FM, mono-band handie.
The prizes (courtesy of ML&S and the RSGB) have a total value of approximately £95.00 GBP. Good luck!
Full details of the terms and conditions are printed opposite.
The Draw is open to all licensed amateurs throughout the world (see further conditions opposite)
Entry is via email only. By clicking the following link, your email app should open a prepared email template: email@example.com
If you choose to do it manually, use TX Factor Competition 17 as the title of your email (not essential but it aids sorting!)
In the body of the email give your contact details and preferably a contact phone number
The Draw closes at 23.59 GMT on Friday 24th January 2020
The Draw will take place at 12.00 GMT on Saturday 25th January 2020
Any duplicate entries will be withdrawn from the draw
The first entry drawn from the hat will be deemed the winner
The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email
The prize includes shipping - however the winner is responsible for paying any import duties or taxes due at the country of import